La Prévention Routière Internationale (PRI) is structured as follows;
The General Meeting consists of all PRI Active Members and is the overall body of PRI.
The General Meeting discusses and discusses all matters concerning the activities of PRI and takes decisions with regard to the nature, the methods and the implementation of its line of action. Each Active Member has a vote at the General Meeting.
The Executive Committee consists of the President, three Vice-Presidents at maximum, the Chairpersons of the Regional Groups and the Coordinators of the Special Committees.
The principal duty of the Executive Committee is to prepare the PRI-Annual Activity Plan and to maintain contact between the PRI members. It prepares the General Meeting and submits the Annual Activity Plan, the accounts and annual budget to the General Meeting.
The different Regional Groups of PRI consist of a number of Active Members from countries who have one or several things in common, such as geographical location, nature of traffic safety problems and in certain cases also language.
The Chairpersons of the Regional Groups are:
- Chairperson Regional Group of Arab countries: Mr. Hasan Ahmed Hosani, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chairperson Regional Group of African countries: Mr. Osita Chidoka, email@example.com
- Chairperson Regional Group of Nordic countries: Mr. Matti Järvinen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chairperson Regional Group of Central European Countries: Mr. Stojadin Jovanovic, email@example.com
The Special Committees are studying road safety issues and developing activities to draw attention to these issues.
There are four Special Committees, each focussing on one of the following road safety topics:
- Special Committee Transfer of knowledge. Coordinator Special Committee Transfer of knowledge: Mr. Bojan Zlender,
- Special Committee Education (at home, at school, driver education etc.). Coordinator Special Committee Education: Mrs. Susana Estévez Gómez, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Campaigns (communication and information). Coordinator Special Committee Campaigns: Vacancy.
- Young People (all road safety issues which primarily concern young people). Coordinator Special Committee Young People:
The PRI Secretariat is headed by the PRI President - Mr. Joop Goos and is responsible for the day-to-day running of PRI.